Monday, December 23, 2013

The Best Books I've Read in 2013

I have been voraciously reading a lot of books this year; some were highly recommended, and some were barely good enough to keep me awake. I know there are many people who will come out with strong resolution to read more books next year. So, to ensure that those determination do not fizzle out in the first weeks of January, here are some excellent books which I promise will keep you entertained. 

 Sycamore Row John Grisham
Fiction: John Grisham at his another best. Somewhat a sequel to his best-selling book, "A Time to Kill", this one is as gripping and entertaining


 Stumbling on happiness
Non-Fiction: Learn how our brain processes past, present and future events, and why what we think will give us happiness usually fail us

Non-Fiction: Since I read John Wood's first book "Leaving Microsoft to Change the World", I was hooked by his passion and determination to make Room to Read, a global and life-changing non-profit organization. Inspiring. 


Christianity: Why many of our problems stem from our failure to keep Forever / eternal perspective at our sight. We don't have a financial problem, or relationship problem, we have a Forever problem 


Christianity: I heard many sermons elaborating on this passage before, but I never read a piece so moving, so warm, and so tender . This is Nouwen's reflection of Rembrandt's painting: The Return of the Prodigal Son. 

No comments: